Monday, November 5, 2007

Yahtzee!

And now I have a cold, thus bringing the illnesses I've had in the past week to full Yahtzee! status, as declared by my doctor friend, Jessie. Some say taking antibiotics puts you at higher risk for catching viruses, which would explain why the head cold that's been threatening me for over a week has now sunk its claws into my face for reals. I mean, come ON with the mucus already. I GET IT.

At times like these I find myself wanting to visualize my sinuses, in order to understand how so much fluid can issue from such a mysterious and supposedly reasonably-sized part of my face. Google brought up this photo, which I must warn you, seems to be of an actual person's dissected sinuses. (Image in context here.) The pic reveals that your sinuses are all over your face and head, basically crammed into every non-interesting head crevice and cranny. Then I found this image, which at least illustrates the brimming-with-green-yuckiness that I'm feeling. So those helped. And THEN I found this, and now I feel great, comparatively, simply because that's not happening to me.

No comments: