Sunday, November 18, 2007

And then I simply went amazed.

I'd like to draw your attention to the comment that "Jason" left for yesterday's post:

"Long shoes were always a delight for me but in recent days i started using different designs but last week when my friend suggested me about shoe design on [*REDACTED*] then i simply went amazed. They were really nice."

Obviously this is spam, but it seems to have a human behind it. Not a native English speaker, obviously, but human nonetheless. How else could the wonderful phrase "long shoes" been created from my post? I imagine a young dude of indeterminate nationality/location who gets paid per spam-comment bringing up my blog on his computer screen. He sees the picture of the boots, and not knowing the English word for "boots," types the first thing he can think of -- "long shoes" -- into his Mad Libs-style spam macro. Done! Another $.005 in the bank!

Needless to say, I shall be referring to my boots as long shoes from now on.

IN OTHER NEWS
Tallulah: Mommy! Check on my brother and see if he's OK!
Me: He's fine.
Tallulah: He's not fine! He's a BABY!

2 comments:

debl said...

Are you sure that wasn't your brother-in-law? Maybe on some kinda crazy umpire drugs or something?

KJ said...

I actually need some new cowboy long shoes, because my old ones are too small...

And I am, like, madly in love with Talulah. That is one funny kid.