Tuesday, November 6, 2007

A day off, plus Nate's 9-month check-up.

My Mom came here today because she had the day off and wanted to help me out (and spend time with her most adorable grandchildren, of course.) Which was very nice and good, and I spent most of my "free" time taking Nate to a check-up and going to the bank. Here's the thing: before this year I had no idea some people get Election Day off. It's only government employees, I know. But ALL of them? Maybe schools that host the voting sites should be closed (though I swear I remember people voting in my school while class was in session) but the street sweepers? And the independent cooperative preschool teachers? And (in the case of my Mom) the state-run mental health clinic workers? I guess crazy people have to vote, too.

My sister is also here. She is unemployed at the moment, through no fault of her own, and thus she can pretty much do whatever she wants. She brought my daughter a large My Little Pony unicorn and a Leapster with several game cartridges. This was an all-around very, very good day for Tallulah.

Nate is healthy and adorable and active and good, BTW. Here's the stats:
He's 9 months and 7 days old today.
He weighs a hefty 24lb. 4oz. (92%)
He's 31.5" tall (97%)
Head circumference: 46 cm (68%) -- which is way up from last time! His head circumference percentile used to be in the 40s. He's getting SMARTER!

No comments: