Thursday, November 15, 2007

Web 2.0 has got no soul.

First I want to thank Alice for her very kind shout-out . I haven't seen her in too too long. Alice! My friend!

Now: there can be no better example of the difference between Web 1.0 and 2.0 than this: the original Hamster Dance vs. the updated Hampster Dance. It's sort of like the difference between Devo and Devo 2.0, except on like a billion times smaller scale of taste and talent.

In other news, Scott has me spending all my free time losing to him at Scrabulous on Facebook. If this post seems too short or disjointed it's because he was interrupting me every five minutes to show me how he shoved another one or two letter squares into our grid, earning himself another 40-50 points. And hey! I just realized that Facebook is one of those Web 2.0 sites I was just grousing about!* So I guess the new internet isn't all bad.

* - See what I did there ?

No comments: