Monday, November 19, 2007

The most heartbreaking thing

The most heartbreaking thing is your husband waking you up saying, "Honey, I let you sleep in because the kids were up all night, but I'm falling down tired and I need to take a quick nap." And then you have to tell him it's Monday, not Sunday, and he has to hustle to get to work ASAP.

OK, so that's not the MOST heartbreaking thing. But it is a serious bummer.

Both kids DID wake up again and again all night long, for their own individual reasons. Nate has a nasty cough (his specialty! He's VERY GOOD at it) and he's also seriously Mommy-focused right now. I think he's just realized that I'm a separate person from him, and dang, babies HATE figuring that out. I'm not sure what Tallulah's problem was; she woke up a bunch of times, just calling out for me or Scott, and seemed to just need a tucking-in and a reassuring hug. Maybe she just realized that Spongebob Squarepants is just a cartoon.

Because of the lack of sleep I'm feeling fairly confused and tired and a bit stressed. I'm fixating on this upcoming solo drive to NJ with the kids on Wednesday, trying to decide when would be best to leave, traffic-wise. I have to drive through most of Brooklyn and all of Staten Island to get there. The only adult in a car with a baby and a preschooler on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving! God help me.

1 comment:

KJ said...

Wishing you a completely uneventfull drive...