Friday, November 23, 2007

Bad night ahead.

Tallulah barfed on Scott and then in the sink (once she had determined it was "safe" -- she decided the toilet was NOT for some reason.) She is a trooper, in that she was only upset by the barfing for a few minutes after; since then she's been very calm about the whole thing. "Mommy, this (basin) is for two things: coughing and barfing." "Why can't I throw up on a pillow?" "Mommy, I don't want to take a nap!" (this last thing said a few minutes ago at 10:30pm.) Scott is also a trooper, needless to say. He's up there right now, lying next to her in bed, trying to help her fall asleep. She has been trying to leverage her throwing up into a night sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's bed, which is an outcome I'd like to prevent.

So. A rough night ahead, I forsee. I have a nightmare vision of me in a bed with a barfing, coughing child on one side and a coughing, nursing baby on the other. It is hard for me to joke about it at this moment. I hope to have a better take on things in the morning.

No comments: