Friday, November 16, 2007

Scrabutasticulosity, plus: college condos.

Scott: Go. It's your turn.
Me: OK, I'm working on it. I only have vowels left.
Scott: We're very close to the end.
Me: I know.
Scott: (sadly) I'm going to win, you know.
Me: I KNOW.
------------
In other news, I learned from my alumnae newsletter that there's a new "adult" condo community being built within my sister's alma mater. From the e-newsletter: "Homeowners at Veridian Village at Hampshire College will have access to Hampshire facilities, programs, and classes." Wait, really? You get to take classes at an elite private college just for BUYING A CONDO? You get to share the college's gym and library with the students? You can go hang out on the quad and try to get a hacky sack game going? I'd be so pissed off if I was a student there right now. You can tell from the photos and the small floorplans (all one or two bedrooms) that this is geared toward older adults. I predict (and, let's be frank, long for) a baby-boomer/Generation Y culture clash on campus...

No comments: