Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Hippo Gnu Deer

So this is just a little post to wish y'all a Happy New Year. It's been so long that I feel a little tugging coming from this blog, like, hey, haven't there been a lot of holiday times that have happened? Shouldn't I catch everyone* up, so I can start writing pithier posts? But it turns out the holidays can be summarized very quickly, thus: happy family timez, way too many presents, not enough sleep. There! And now it is 2008.

I leave you with the newest verses Tallulah has written for Oil in My Lamp (for older ones, see here.)
Give me letters for my mat, make them alphabetical**
Give me cats for my bed, make them purr-y purr-y purr-y
Bring my kittens for my bed, make them Mew! Mew! Mew!***
Stick cat stickers on my wand, make it magic magic magic****

-------
* Ha. "Everyone." I hope I didn't miss anyone! There are so many!
** She made this up out of the blue one night, and it must relate to something from her school, because I have no idea what she's talking about.
*** This one is her favorite, since I actually stop singing and cutely meow the "mews."
**** This relates to a craft we did at a birthday party, and BTW happy 3rd birthday to Rose.

No comments: