Sunday, May 6, 2007

I fixed a lamp!

I fixed a lamp today. The switch part no longer switched, so I bought a new one and replaced the old one with it. I figured out how to do it just by taking apart the old, broken one and re-doing that with the new one. I did have to learn the Underwriter's Knot, though.

Today was Nate's first time at Quaker Meeting. He slept on me (in the Bjorn) the entire time, and snored on and off. He is generally a noisy baby.

After we returned from meeting (a bus ride away) Lula was stumble-drunkily tired. She tripped while trying to walk in front of the sofa and decided to just get comfy and fall asleep where she lay. It was pathetic. She hadn't eaten lunch yet, so when I carried her to her bed, she kept saying "I'm not hungry, OK? I just want to sleep, OK?" Like, yes, normally I would hold your eyelids open and force-feed you some pizza bites, but in this case I'll make a special exception. Sheesh.

BTW, I originally typed "it's a bed rude away" in the previous paragraph, there.

Lula made up a joke today:
Knock Knock!
(who's there?)
Toilet!
(Toilet who?)
Toilet the real toilet!

I don't get it either.

Time to crawl into my bed rude and collapse where I fall. G'night, folks!

No comments: